Sunday, March 31, 2013

Happy Easter!!!

     Today being Easter, I thought I would just post some photos I took over at a house in Lyndhurst, Ohio. For 55 years the Manolio's have put this display together.  Mr. Manolio passed away last year, so his wife and grandkids put this display together this year even featuring a reproduction of Mr. Manolio's face.  Total number of eggs used, 21,630.  They called it Eggshelland and it will be in place until April 5th.  I was thinking to myself......has anyone hybridized daylilies for 50+ years?  I believe Steve Moldovan and one other hybridizer have accomplished that task.  I believe Steve hybridized Irises as well. 
      One other thing I thought I would include, my wife and I adopted a new cat at the local shelter. For now we call her Cinnamon. (Photo at the very bottom) I will continue getting back to daylilies next week.  Happy Easter everyone!

4 comments:

  1. Hey Di!

    Hope you are well! Yes, our new cat Cinnamon is settling in. She's a little timid but adjusting well.
    (Doesn't like loud noises.) Your Four Beasts in one is starting to show green shoots as well as Jinxy, and I don't kid. Excited to see them bloom this year!!! Hope all is well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Paul,
    I am from France and occasionnaly make a trip to your blog. I am always glad to watch your beautiful pictures and that is for the cat that I decide mysel to write a comment and congratulate you the most. Isn't it ironic ?
    We have 3 cats here and they love playing in the daylily garden. I keep an eye on them, specially when the scapes appear because they like to catch them !!!

    Thanks again
    Fab

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Fab,


      Glad you enjoy my blog. Yes, that is our new cat Cinnamon. She is a 6 month old kitten. Lots of fun. Hope all is well back in France. My wife and I always wanted to go to Paris. Maybe someday. Thanks again for the nice comment!

      Delete