Sunday, August 26, 2012

The bloom season continues.


       Well, it ain't over yet.  In fact I have some seedlings planted along the fence and some are throwing their first scapes which is kinda cool this late in the season.  I was going to write about more of the late season bloomers, but I think I'll save that for next week and feature some more of the new stuff in bloom around here.  At the top of the page you can see I have dug out a large portion of the seedlings in the front yard.  You will also notice we have our house up for sale.  It's kinda tricky trying to sell a house with a yard full of daylilies out front.  If I had my druthers, I'd rather have them all transplanted somewhere else, and have grass there, but my wife and I have found that we can't buy another house until we sell this one first.  Anyway, the picture below it is of all the scapes I pulled and put on a tarp.  That is always a back breaking job, but the front yard looks better without the dead scapes sticking up.  At the top of the bottom of the page is a seedling of mine from the cross of Pathway to paradise X Best Edge.  Nice thick gold edge that opened well.  The middle picture at the bottom of the page is Rose Sensation a nice flower from Pat Stamile, and the picture at the very bottom is Carpenter's Summer Snowball.  It's still hot and dry here in Ohio.  Hoping for some rain and cooler temps.  Have a nice week folks.

Blog Archive