Sunday, March 18, 2012

Some cool Frank Smith daylily seedlings and my new Youtube video.

     Today's blog entry will be kinda brief, because I think I'm coming down with a cold again. In spite of the fact that this winter has been one of the easiest I have ever had in Northeast Ohio, I can't remember ever being sick as often as I've been this winter.  I think this is my third cold in about three months.  Gotta start taking my vitamins more regularly.  Anyway, this past summer my wife and I went got a chance to visit Frank Smith's daylily garden in early June.  It was a little past peak, but there were still a lot of daylilies in bloom.  The most impressive was seedling 8-106 which is featured at the top of the page.  I don't know any information about the parents or when it will be introduced.  I even contacted Pete Harry to see if I could find out more but he didn't have any information.  Also featured at the bottom of the page is seedling 8-172.  A very nice seedling that I unfortunately have no information on either, but man what a nice eye.  Looks like it could be a Tet. Peppermint Delight seedling, but that's just a guess.  Hopefully we'll see these introduced in the years to come. 
     I shot a 15 minute video which is posted on Youtube of all the daylilies in my front and backyard.  I will add a link for you to click on.  If for some reason that doesn't work, just go to Youtube and put "Paul K. Lewis's daylily garden" in the search box.  My video should come up.  It was shot during peak bloom July 19th, 2011, and it features many hybridizers introductions, including a few of mine.  Hope you enjoy it. http://youtu.be/M1_z_Q3yBJ4

Blog Archive