Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Kinnebrew's daylily garden visit

  Another one of my favorite visits when I go down to Florida, is to visit John Kinnebrew's daylily garden. I have been very impressed with some of the new toothy stuff I saw in the seedling beds.  Let me say that John Jr. has always been very generous with showing me his introductions and seedlings and is always happy to share information about his daylilies.  The two daylilies I want to feature are from his seedlings.  The top photograph is a seedling out of Jamie Gossard's Heman.  The bottom seedling is from a cross of Spacecoast Behavior Pattern X Regal Fantasy.  Regal Fantasy is a Jeff Salter daylily.  I have to say I was very impressed by the size of the toothy Heman seedling.  You can see John Jr.'s hand behind it as a way to gauge how big the bloom is.  Always an enjoyable visit to Kinnebrews daylilies.

Blog Archive