Wednesday, January 4, 2012

2012 is here!!!

  
Well, my daylily friends, 2012 is here.  Where I live, we are in a lake effect snow area and over the past couple of days 7 inches of fresh snow has fallen here.  Temps are in the low 20's, single digits if you factor in the wind chill effect.  It's January in Cleveland, Ohio, not my favorite time of the year, but it is the beginning of a new year.  Anyway, one of my hopes with my blog is to show you daylilies that I see as I travel across the country each year.  I thought I would start out the year by featuring photographs of two seedlings I saw at Guy Pierce's garden taken this past June.  The top photograph is seedling 96-821T838.  It was definitely one of my favorites that day.  I do not know what the parents are, but I can tell you I will be excited to buy it when Guy introduces it.  The bottom photograph is seedling 819.  The parents of the bottom photograph are Bass Gibson X Eight Miles High.  What incredible teeth on both daylilies!  Great job Guy!  In the coming weeks and months I will feature more pictures of daylilies from around the country, and those that bloomed in my garden this past summer.  I hope you enjoy them and happy new year to you all!

Blog Archive