Saturday, June 9, 2018

Dark Eyed Daylilies.


                              Karol Emmerich seedling 10817.  Stunning!


                 Teddy Bear Eyes (Eric Simpson) Photo by Theresa Maris.

  I think I first fell in love with dark eyed daylilies the first time I saw Jeff Salter's Moonlit Masquerade.  I still enjoy seeing it as it is always an early season bloomer.  Sometime later I saw the daylily Dan Trimmer named for his wife, Jane Trimmer and was really blown away by that.  Over time there has always seemed to be newer dark eyed daylilies that have caught my attention.  Here's a few I have seen posted recently:

                      Tango Lessons (Dan Trimmer) Photo by Theresa Maris.


  Karol Emmerich seedling 11716.  (I think this and Tango Lessons need to be crossed together.)


                       Falkor (Mary Frank Gaskins) Photo by Claudia Conway.


                           George Seurat (Stamile) Photo by Don Longton.


                     Summoning the Night (Jeff Salter) Photo by Patrick Guidry.


                       Jane Trimmer (Dan Trimmer) Photo by Carol A. Sims.

Well, I hope you enjoyed that brief segment.  The Myrtle Beach, South Carolina daylily convention is going on this weekend and I hope you all are having fun.  Wish I could be there, but work keeps me busy.  Starting to see some bloom, so it won't be long before my garden starts up again.  Hope you are all well.




                           

Blog Archive