Saturday, December 9, 2017

The holiday season is upon us.


                     Stolen Heart (Lee Pickles 2016) Photo by Paul K. Lewis


                               Sunset Drive (Future Paul K. Lewis intro)

     Whenever we get around the holiday season I always think of the color red, and along those lines I was thinking about some of the best red daylilies of this past year.  I really enjoy seeing what Lee Pickles has been doing in his hybridizing program and was very impressed with the seedling pictures he posted this year.  Here is a sampling of some of the best ones below: (Thanks Lee)

                     Lee Pickles seedling 7059 (Camelot Red X Stolen Heart)


Lee Pickles seedling 7109 [Stolen Heart X (Camelot Red X Blazing Cannons)]


Lee Pickles seedling 7029 [(Seedling 2041 Stolen Heart X Barbara Mandrell) X (Seedling 5006 Marine's Hymm X Barbara Mandrell)]


                 Lee Pickles seedling 5025 (Camelot Red X Blazing Cannons)


Lee Pickles seedling 7044 [(Seedling 2041 Stolen Heart X Barbara Mandrell) X Velvet Throne)]


Lee Pickles seedling 7078 [(Seedling 2041 Stolen Heart X Barbara Mandrell) X Velvet Throne)]


    I also really enjoy red daylilies from my friend, Dale Hensley down in South Carolina.  Here are a couple below that I think are outstanding:


                          Sips of Sin (Dale Hensley) Photo by Paul K. Lewis 


                          Heartless (Dale Hensley) Photo by Theresa Maris.



                         Heartless (Dale Hensley) Photo by Sheila Caldon.


    Well, I really hope you enjoyed this holiday sampling of daylilies!  Thanks to everyone who shared their pictures with me.  Hoping that I can bring you a visit with my friend Dave Mussar with the next installment.  Happy Holidays! (Lee Pickles web site can be found at Chattanoogadaylilies.com)

Blog Archive