Friday, April 24, 2015

Crintonic Gardens....The daylilies of Curt Hanson. Photos from the summer of 2014





     Every year I try to get out to see my friend Curt Hanson about 3 or 4 times.  I learn a lot from Curt and enjoy how he approaches daylily hybridizing.  Here are some pictures I took from the 2014 season. 





Pictured above is a Curt Hanson sculpted seedling.  Probably my favorite sculpted seedling of Curts.






Pictured above is his daylily Sigourney.  Steve Moldovan was quoted as saying, "what have you done Hanson?" when he first saw this daylily in the seedling field.  LOL!






Pictured above is a red sculpted Curt Hanson seedling.





Pictured above is Curt's daylily Desperate Housewife.  It is a great early season daylily.




Pictured above is Curt's daylily Penthouse Playgirl.  Incredible branching on this one as you can see.




Pictured above is Curt's daylily The Future of Desire.  Also very nicely branched.



Pictured abovc is Curt's daylily Building the Colossus.  Did I say this one was nicely branched as well?  Beginning to see a pattern here?



Pictured above is Curt's daylily Back to Nature.  Hope you enjoyed the pictures folks.  Getting closer to daylily season every day.  Happy gardening my friends.
 

Blog Archive