Sunday, March 9, 2014

It's been a long winter!

Daylily Friends,


It sure has been a long winter.  You are probably wondering why I haven't posted in so long.  Well, for starters I was using a 10 year old computer and it was just too slow to do what I needed to do.  Out with the old and in with the new.  I now have a newer computer, maybe not new but at least only 5 years old and it seems so much faster.  Anyway, how about some pictures?  At the top of the page is a picture of my front yard.  Uggghhhh!!!  It was taken mid February.  So far Cleveland, Ohio has had 72+ inches of snow for the season.  I think I've probably gotten more.  Not only one of snowiest winters, but also probably one of the coldest I can remember.  The photo below it shows the seeds I had planted prior to winter beginning.  I swear the week after I planted those seeds the snow started and it's the last I've seen of the ground.  Snow is starting to melt, so I'm looking forward to spring in about a month.  (knock on wood.)  That's about it for now.  A few more pics below.







Photo above is Cosmic Blast from Jeff Salter.  This bloomed at the end of the season and I wasn't able to use it.





Pictured above is Mister Butters from Judy Davisson.  I love this clump shot and in my mind this is what I've been waiting all winter to see bloom.  I will try and post a few more daylily pics in the weeks to come before another season starts.  Hope you all have had a safe winter season.




 

Blog Archive