Friday, February 11, 2022

Distinctive daylilies

 

Svetlana Pikalova seedling (From Kherson, Ukraine)

Valentina Gripas seedling (From Kherson, Ukraine)

I find it fascinating that according to Google Maps these two hybridizers, who are living in Kherson, Ukraine are 5133 miles away from me.  Daylilies are growing all over the world.  Here is a map of the distance from my home to Kherson, Ukraine below: 


Distinctive daylilies are being hybridized in many areas of the world.  Below is a small collection of distinctive daylilies from the United States.  Enjoy! 
Guy Pierce seedling

Elaine Seifert seedling (Happy Medium X Nowhere to Hide) Diploid

Elaine Seifert seedling (Stippled Statement X Northwest Rusty Gold)

Curt Hanson cristate seedling

Fascinating blooms.  The advancements in daylilies are coming fast.  My distinctive daylilies segment has become an annual thing now.  Sure is a lot of fun to put together. My next segment will be on purple daylilies and I've been gathering a lot of really cool pictures.  Stay tuned!


Blog Archive