Sunday, December 20, 2020

Daylily videos from 2020

 Daylily videos continue to get better and better every year with smart phone camera and video technology improving at a very fast pace.  I personally enjoy seeing daylily videos because it gives you more of a chance to see the entire daylily, including it's scape height, branching, and bud count.  With a photograph you are just seeing the bloom, so if you are purchasing that daylily you could get stuck with a short daylily with a bean pole scape.  Videos help you see all of what you would be purchasing.  My friend, Jacob Henry has been putting together outstanding daylily videos with very nice production.  I would encourage you all to subscribe to his You tube channel if you haven't already.  Here is Jacob's favorite video from this past season. This is Kirsten Hatfield's lovely garden in Zanesville, Ohio: 


The next video is also from Jacob Henry.  This video is of Bruce and Kathy Fowler's daylily garden in Moultrie, Georgia:


This video was shot at Bob Faulkner's garden in Dayton, Ohio.  Also shot and produced by Jacob Henry:


This video was shot by my friend, Dan Hansen down in his garden, Ladybug Gardens, located in Geneva, Florida.  This is collection of 2021 introductions: 


This video was shot back in 2011, but I feel this is very important because it is a wonderful interview with Karol Emmerich.  Karol shares her views on hybridizing as they walk through her Springwood Gardens in Jordan, Minnesota:


This video was shot in 2013 at Daylily World in Kentucky.  I love this video because David Kirchhoff shares his approach to daylily hybridizing.  Take a look: 


Finally here is one of my favorite daylily videos shot in my own garden.  I like this video because it shows you so many of the latest introductions. I also get to share some of my seedlings and future introductions: 


Here is part 2 shot on the same day.  I wanted to feature my seedling out of Tet. Fleishel's Black which I will most likely call, Threat Level Midnight.  It is the blackest daylily in the garden. Some other excellent introductions as well.  Take a look:


Here is a quick video from Paul Gellatly up in Mississauga, Ontario, Canada.  I like how Paul describes the better qualities of the daylily plant as a whole.  Give it a listen: 


Well, there you go folks.  Hope you enjoyed all these great videos.  We are getting to see some gardens we don't always get the time to visit up close.  It's the next best thing.  Hope you all are having a nice holiday season.  I probably won't post until sometime in January and hope to feature some old daylily catalogs my friend Curt Hanson just gave me.  Stay tuned. 

Blog Archive